What is individual disability insurance?
If you are unable to perform your normal job duties for an extended period of time due to an accident or illness, individual disability insurance will pay a percentage of your income until you’re able to return to work. Adequate disability insurance (often above and beyond policies provided by employers) is crucial if you rely on your ability to earn an income.
Who should consider individual disability insurance?
While many consumers have some level of group disability insurance through their employers, these policies often don’t provide nearly enough coverage, requiring supplemental disability insurance for certain individuals.
- Income of $120,000+
- Income that is growing
- Young professional (under age 40)
- No group disability insurance
- Inadequate group disability insurance
Blue Herring’s individual disability insurance advantage
We partner with seven of the top eight disability insurance carriers.
As part of our best-interest standard, we work to minimize claim payment exclusions as much as possible.
Our internal, unbiased disability specialists review all policy offers to get you the best coverage at the best price.
Why Blue Herring?
We expect more from the life and disability insurance industry. So should you. Our fiduciary- and attorney-preferred independent underwriting model gives businesses the transparency and leverage they need to get the right policies for their key person insurance plans, at significantly lower prices.
- We comparison-shop real prices for your company’s key person insurance policies — not quotes based on incomplete information.
- We tell you everything you need to make the best decision, and we’ll share industry secrets you should know before you buy.
- We operate as a team with companies looking for the best key person insurance policies at the best price.
Meet your match.
Our extensive network of small, large, mutual, and public carriers positions us to find the best policy at the best price.
How to get started
Blue Herring is revolutionizing insurance sales with an unbiased, independent underwriting model that saves your company money.
Don’t take our word for it
Hear from the clients who’ve experienced the Blue Herring difference.