What is an inforce illustration?
An inforce illustration is a projection of your life insurance policy’s future performance based on the policy’s current earnings, actual cost, and expense charge or fees. While you can get an inforce illustration from your insurance company or a traditional broker, this process is subject to bias, with advice designed to keep you invested in your existing policy — even if it’s not performing as promised, or will end up costing you more than you expected.
At Blue Herring, we offer truly independent reviews to ensure that your policy passes one test: Is it the best policy for you?
What does a Blue Herring inforce illustration include?
We consider the following factors to determine whether your life insurance policy is the best for you.
- Insurance amount
- Financial rating of carrier
- Length of term
- Rating class
- Occupation class (disability)
- Exclusions (disability)
- Cash value return (permanent life insurance)
- Ownership/beneficiary arrangement
Frequently asked questions.
Answers to questions about inforce illustration.
Who should consider an inforce illustration?
- Whole life insurance
- Universal life insurance
- Indexed life insurance
- Trust-owned insurance
How do you get an inforce illustration?
How to read and understand an inforce illustration
- Cash value
- Earning rates
- Mortality costs and expense charges
- Guaranteed values
- Maximum costs
- Current and future premiums
Does an inforce illustration cost money?
How to get started
Blue Herring is revolutionizing the inforce illustration process, with truly unbiased recommendations that could save you money.
Benefits of an independent inforce illustration
No more guesswork — you’ll know for sure whether your insurance policy is the best for you.
An independent inforce illustration will uncover opportunities to save money and avoid unexpected costs.
The Blue Herring model is based on radical transparency, and we’ll give you information your insurance carrier won’t.
Why Blue Herring?
We expect more from the life and disability insurance industry. So should you. Our fiduciary- and attorney-preferred independent underwriting model gives businesses the transparency and leverage they need to get the right policies for their key person insurance plans, at significantly lower prices.
- We provide unbiased information on the current and future performance of your life insurance policy.
- We tell you everything you need to make the best decision, and we’ll share industry secrets you should know before you decide to increase your premiums.
- Our inforce illustration experts ensure your policy meets our stringent best-interests standards, and we will never recommend something you don’t need.
Don’t take our word for it
Hear from the clients who’ve experienced the Blue Herring difference.