Your privacy is important to us. When you provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Blue Herring may periodically make changes to this policy by updating this page. You may check this page at any time to make sure that you’re in agreement with any changes. This page was last updated on September 15, 2021.
What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information, including email address and phone number
- Company or organization name
- Other information collected via customer surveys or online portals
This includes any information you provide when you:
- Request information from our website
- Use online tools and calculators
- Apply online for quotes
- Subscribe to online services
- Complete an online form
How do we use the information we collect?
We collect the above information in order to provide you with a better experience and offer more personalized service. We also use the information for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To improve product and service offerings
- To provide services as agreed upon
- We may contact you via phone or email for the purposes of providing you with services, special offers, and information we think you may find useful.
- We may use your provided information to contact you for the purposes of conducting market research.
- We may share your information with the insurance companies we partner with in order to provide you with our services.
How do we share your information?
We never sell your personal information to anyone, for any reason. We only share it for the following purposes, as permitted by federal and state law:
- We may share the information you provide, or information we get from a consumer-reporting agency or another report, with the insurance companies we partner with in order to provide you with our services.
- We may share your information with our marketing partners in order to facilitate our contacts with you. Our partners will never contact you directly.
- We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law, for a legal or regulatory purpose.
Is your data secure?
Yes! We pride ourselves on honesty and integrity, and we only process your information for the purposes for which it was collected, in accordance with this policy. We enforce strict internal standards regarding passwords, account access, and general data usage, so you can be sure your data remains secure.
A cookie is a small file placed on your computer’s hard drive with your permission. Cookies are used to collect information on your browsing preferences so that web applications can better meet your needs, likes, and dislikes.
It is up to you to choose to accept or decline cookies. Many browsers automatically accept cookies on your behalf. If you choose to decline cookies, you can do so by updating your preferences within your browser settings. However, this may mean you can’t access some parts of our website, or take advantage of the site’s full functionality.
Types of cookies on https://blueherring.com
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Google Templates
What other information do we collect?
Social buttons: You may see social media buttons on Blue Herring website pages. These buttons let you share or bookmark a specific page or blog post. Implementation of these buttons requires use of scripts that originate from domains outside of https://blueherring.com. These social media sites are likely to collect information about your activity on the internet, including on our site. When you click on a social share or like button, or if you are logged into a social site (even if you don’t click a social share button), the site may track your actions and record which site and page you are visiting. To learn more, please check out the specific privacy policies of each social site you use.
External web services: Blue Herring and its marketing partners use external services on the Blue Herring website, generally in order to display content on our pages. For instance, to show a video we may use YouTube or Wistia. This is not a complete list of the services we use when embedding content. Please note that we cannot prevent these sites, or external domains, from collecting information about your usage of this embedded content. If you are not logged in to these external services, they will not be able to identify you personally. However, they are still likely to gather anonymous usage information, e.g. number of views.
Email tracking: When we send you email, certain messages will contain tracking, while others won’t. For example, personal correspondence would have no tracking. Marketing or other emails may include tracking so that we can learn open and click-through rates in order to determine which correspondence is most effective. If you don’t want any of your emails tracked, you may unsubscribe from Blue Herring’s email lists.
Call tracking: When you contact Blue Herring via a phone number on the https://blueherring.com website, our call tracking software records your information, including: how you came to the website, what number you called from, what number you dialed, the location of your number, and the name or company associated with that number.
Live chat or chatbots: If you engage with chat software on https://blueherring.com, we record the chat log for our reference.
Links to outside websites
How you can restrict the use of your personal information
You have options!
- If you fill out a form on a website, be sure to click or unclick the button indicating that you do not wish for your information to be used for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have agreed that a company can use your data for direct marketing purposes, you can contact them to let them know you have changed your mind and wish to be removed from their marketing list. You can click on “unsubscribe,” or contact us at info@BlueHerring.com.
You may request details of personal information we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998.
If you believe the information we have about you is incorrect, or you would like us to remove all information about you, you can contact us using any of the following methods:
Mail: Blue Herring
50 Pointe Place, Unit 27
Dover, NH 03820
Please note that content on this site is copyright Blue Herring. It is provided for informational purposes only. Blue Herring will not be held legally responsible for any losses incurred through the use of the information on this website.